With refreshing honesty, United Arab Emirates Ambassador to the US, Yousef al-Otaiba publicly stated what most Arab states are thinking:
"I think it's a cost-benefit analysis... I think despite the large amount of trade we do with Iran, which is close to $12 billion … there will be consequences, there will be a backlash and there will be problems with people protesting and rioting and very unhappy that there is an outside force attacking a Muslim country; that is going to happen no matter what. If you are asking me, 'Am I willing to live with that versus living with a nuclear Iran?,' my answer is still the same: 'We cannot live with a nuclear Iran.' I am willing to absorb what takes place at the expense of the security of the U.A.E."
Of course, we can expect a lot of backtracking from the UAE and other Gulf countries. But the truth is the truth, and with the exception of the Obama Administration, everybody knows it, including Iran.
Somali deportations up tenfold under Trump
-
From the Minneapolis Star Tribune (paywalled), Sharp rise in deportation
orders for Somalis in Minnesota: More than 500 Somalis in Minnesota have
been orde...
3 hours ago

























No comments:
Post a Comment
Please keep it clean. Comments do not reflect the opinion of this blog and are the sole opinion of the commenter. We reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason. Of course, opposing views are welcomed.
Auto-flagged and monitored IP addresses:
Teksavvy - IP 76.10.141, Onterio, Canada.
Charter Communications - IP 68.188.68. Ballwin, Missouri