Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Obama Responds to Jesse Jackson's Remarks in the New York Post Today:

Barack Obama's Statement in response to Jesse Jackson's Remarks today in the New York Post:

"The notion that Jesse Jackson speaks for me or my campaign is preposterous. He is not a part of my campaign nor is he one of my advisers. He is simply a man who lives in my neighborhood, and whose daughter went to school with my daughter. Those folks who are now attempting to attribute the Reverend Jackson’s words to me are simply trying to distract us from the real issues which are the economy, healthcare and jobs. I suggest that we all keep our eye on the ball and not allow ourselves to be distracted by these 'guilt by association' games that my Republican opponents like to play."
Actually, I just made that up; Obama hasn't released a statement yet. But when he does, I can almost guarantee you it will be something like the above. Very similar to his William Ayres, Tony Rezko, Khaled Rasheed, Father Flager, and other disassociation remarks (The Reverend Wright disassociation was in a different league).

Anyway, when the Obama disassociation statement comes (and it will), I'll compare and contrast.

UPDATE: OK, hours later, we now have a statement from the Obama campaign, although not from Obama himself:

"Rev. Jesse Jackson Sr. is not an adviser to the Obama campaign and is therefore in no position to interpret or share Barack Obama's views on Israel and foreign policy," Obama national security spokeswoman Wendy Morigi said in a statement.

"As he has made clear throughout his career and throughout this campaign, Barack Obama has a fundamental commitment to a strong U.S.-Israel relationship ... As president, he will ensure that Israel can defend itself from every threat it faces, stand with Israel in its quest for a secure peace with its neighbors, and use all elements of American power to end Iran's illicit nuclear program.

"No false charges can change Barack Obama's unshakable commitment to Israel's security."
Hmmm, I'd say I did pretty well, although the statement would be even more similar to mine if it came directly from Obama. Lets see if he addresses it directly.And what was that "no false charges" thing. Is he accusing Jackson of making a "false charge?" I thought he was just making an observation as one of Obama's most high profile supporters, not as a political enemy.

Many thanks to Dr. Bulldog for the heads up on that one.

1 comment:

  1. You called that one!!!

    Here's the article on FOX:

    CLICK HERE

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it clean. Comments do not reflect the opinion of this blog and are the sole opinion of the commenter. We reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason. Of course, opposing views are welcomed.

Auto-flagged and monitored IP addresses:
Teksavvy - IP 76.10.141, Onterio, Canada.
Charter Communications - IP 68.188.68. Ballwin, Missouri