Thursday, June 05, 2008

Anniversary of Robert Kennedy's assassination Today - Remarkable RFK Writings from Israel Republished

Robert Kennedy, age 22, reporting from the besieged city of Jerusalem for the Boston Post in April of 1948, one month before Israel declared independence:

In the previous post, I posted a YouTube of George Galloway hailing Bobby Kennedy (in his reference to Obama), and I also link to a Memri post showing Galloway spewing Israel-hatred on Hamas TV. It is too bad that Galloway is apparently unfamiliar with Robert Kennedy's strong sympathy and support for Israel. These are remarkable writings from a very dangerous place at the time. I was unaware of these writings and I thank LFG for enlightening me on this.

UPDATE: I have now read all of the Robert Kennedy's writing published here. I am truly amazed at the maturity and complexity of Robert Kennedy's writing, and his understanding of the Middle East situation during a truly dangerous and difficult time. This is the writing of a remarkable person...especially considering that he was only 22!!!! I thank Lenney Ben-David of the Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs for researching this priceless material. I am a real history buff and thought that I had come across virtually everything relating to this period. But I had never seen this. Wow!
RFK arrives in the British Mandate of Palestine, April 1948, one month before Israel's declaration of independence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it clean. Comments do not reflect the opinion of this blog and are the sole opinion of the commenter. We reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason. Of course, opposing views are welcomed.

Auto-flagged and monitored IP addresses:
Teksavvy - IP 76.10.141, Onterio, Canada.
Charter Communications - IP 68.188.68. Ballwin, Missouri