Thursday, March 22, 2007

Even Mao Was Disgusted With Liberals

A few years ago I went to China for a trade show. One day I was strolling through Tienanmen Square and crossed on over into the Forbidden City. Not far into the Forbidden City I was approached by an old peddler selling copies of Chairman Mao's Little Red Book. He wanted $15 dollars. I really had no interest, but negotiated with him non-the-less; I offered 2 dollars. After a few moments of back and forth, I ended up buying the book from this old Chinese man for $4 dollars in US currency, and I probably over-payed. I then imagined Chairman Mao overturning in his grave on the other side of the square as this capitalist transaction, involving a collection of his quotes, just took place in the heart of the Chinese Communist empire; The irony was certainly not lost on me.

Anyway, I had bought the book, so I thought I might as well read it since it did play such a significant role in modern Chinese history. Mao certainly had a way of looking at things and he certainly was a Communist of the worst sort. Then I came to page 467, and I finally found a paragraph that I can identify with Mao on... and I kid you not... check it out:

"People who are liberal look upon the principles of Marxism as abstract dogma. They approve of Marxism, but are not prepared to practise it or to practise it in full; they are not prepared to replace their liberalism by Marxism. These people have their Marxism, but they have their liberalism as well - they talk Marxism but practise liberalism; they apply Marxism to others but liberalism to themselves. They keep both kinds of goods in stock and find a use for each. This is how the minds of certain people work."

Wow! Even Mao recognized the double-talking, two-faced hypocritical insincerity of the modern day "liberal."

Joe

EU President: 'Political correctness is killing our freedoms'

1 comment:

  1. You should have contacted me when you wanted the Little Red Book. I was forced to memorize passages, by my liberal Social Studies teacher Ms. Sims in ninth grade. We moved from station to station around the room, memorizing Mao's sayings. This was the year he died.
    Throughout the preceding units, Ms. Sims had been promulgating the lie that, "in India, and Africa, and South America there's hunger, but NOT in China."
    This was the year that in the Cultural Revolution, Mao starved 28 million peasants.
    Political correctness continues to run rampant her on Long Island.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it clean. Comments do not reflect the opinion of this blog and are the sole opinion of the commenter. We reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason. Of course, opposing views are welcomed.

Auto-flagged and monitored IP addresses:
Teksavvy - IP 76.10.141, Onterio, Canada.
Charter Communications - IP 68.188.68. Ballwin, Missouri