Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Prager Responds:


I Raised the Issue? "It was Keith Ellison who raised the entire issue of taking an oath on a Koran rather than a Bible. He did not make his announcement in the hopes that it would be ignored but to make a statement. I was responding to that statement. Critics who are unhappy with it becoming an issue should direct their ire at Mr. Ellison."

Racist? "I wrote in my column that I apply the same standard to Jews, Scientologists and everyone else. Those who make this charge merely cheapen the word racism..."

Islamophobic? "I wrote not a word against Islam or the Koran and made it clear at the beginning of my column that nothing I write is specific to Islam or the Koran."

Bigoted? Bigoted against whom? Against non-Christians? I am a non-Christian. Am I bigoted against myself?

"I am for no law to be passed to prevent Keith Ellison or anyone else from bringing any book he wants to his swearing-in, whether actual or ceremonial. But neither I nor tens of millions of other Americans will watch in silence as the Bible is replaced with another religious text for the first time since George Washington brought a Bible to his swearing-in. It is not I, but Keith Ellison, who has engaged in disuniting the country."

Ahmadinejad Issues Warning on Sanctions
Russia Balks at Broad Iran Sanctions
Islam gets concessions; infidels get conquered
Tehran's Holocaust Denial Conference
Gaffney: Will George Bush Become Sherman or Chamberlain?
CAIR's Pro-Hamas Press
Hezbollah: "Death to Siniora" at "Martyr of Unity's" Funeral
Tale Of Fibbing Imams
ASI Passes Resolution Against Flag Stomping
Veiled woman to give UK's C4's speech
Muslim woman cites gym after interrupted prayer

1 comment:

  1. It's an essential debate for which Mr. Prager deserves praise and support for persevering in.

    It's not about laws, it's about ethics, about commonly understood values and commonly upheld traditions. This is the soft underbelly of our civic, and specifically Ameican, culture. Mr. Prager is right to be vigilant about it. And you are right to bring attention to Mr. Prager.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it clean. Comments do not reflect the opinion of this blog and are the sole opinion of the commenter. We reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason. Of course, opposing views are welcomed.

Auto-flagged and monitored IP addresses:
Teksavvy - IP 76.10.141, Onterio, Canada.
Charter Communications - IP 68.188.68. Ballwin, Missouri