Monday, February 13, 2006

Chevron Arrogance And Brown-Nosing At Saudi Conference

I know where I won't be filling up my next tank of gas: at my local Chevron station. It took a particular amount of Chutzpah on the part of Chevron Vice President Peter Robertson, who joined Al Gore in trashing America at the Jeddah Economic Forum in Saudi Arabia: “This notion of being energy independent is completely unreasonable,” Robertson said, mocking Bush and pandering to the largely Saudi audience.
“I don’t think anyone actually believes that the US can end its dependence on oil in the Middle East at all...Quite frankly, I think these comments (Bush's comments) reflect some misunderstanding of global energy supply." What a two-bit pandering brown-nose suck-up. Chevron is raking it in here in the US, and they send their boy Robertson over there to brown-nose at our expense. “Oil and gas are going to be the fundamental source of our energy for the rest of my life and, I’m confident, well beyond that,” he proclaimed. Thanks Chevron.

Bad Taste and Freedom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it clean. Comments do not reflect the opinion of this blog and are the sole opinion of the commenter. We reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason. Of course, opposing views are welcomed.

Auto-flagged and monitored IP addresses:
Teksavvy - IP 76.10.141, Onterio, Canada.
Charter Communications - IP 68.188.68. Ballwin, Missouri